Friday, December 31, 2010

I LOVE this scrunchy ribbon look!


I've seen the scrunchy ribbon "look" done different ways but I like this one the best. 

Why?  It doesn't use sewing to gather and it's a pretty gather rather than just laying and scrunching your ribbon right on to sticky strip.

The method I used in the photo above is easy and quick - that is once you get the hang of it! 

Click HERE to see the video by the talented Mary Fish on how to do it yourself.   I LOVE her sample card too!

Marie's TIPS:
When doing this technique here are a few things to keep in mind.
1.  Cut a long piece of ribbon - for a 4 1/4 card front piece I cut a piece of ribbon 11 inches long.

2.  Secure the non-pulling side of the ribbon.  I did this by using a lighter to sear the ribbon end.  Check out THIS POST to see what I mean. 


If you don't do this you may pull your thread all the way through and end up with flat ribbon with a line through it.  This happened to me the first time doing this!

3.  Fray the ribbon end you're going to pull from quite a bit so you can get a hold of a thread.  I have long nails and I guess my finger tips are not that strong so I needed to use tweezers to get the thread started.



Click HERE for the sewn scrunchy ribbon look.


Click HERE for the scrunch look with sticky strip.

Which one do you like best?

No comments:

Post a Comment