Sunday, July 8, 2007

Captain Crafter Sketch Challenge #17




This is the card I made for Captain Crafter's Sketch Challenge #17. I didn't follow the sketch exactly because my image was facing the wrong way! So I reversed the sketch to suit my main image.



I started with a white card base, then added a red card front layer and a strip of black polka dot for this card. Yes I'm going through my scrap bin again!

I stamped the girl holding a heart in black ink on white paper. She's from the "just retired" Stampin' Up! stamp set called Living Large.

I coloured her in with markers and Prismacolour pencils and gave her a red polka dot dress. I then punched her out with a Mega circle punch and added some red sponging on the edges.

I matted that on a black Giga Scalloped circle. I used my Signo White Gel Pen to add some white dots to the scallop mat. I got my gel pen from Stampin' Up! and in my opinion, it's the best one on the market!

I added the red stitched ribbon because I felt it needed something on that side.

Now I just put this together using my ATG gun and it is stuck good! BUT if I were to make this card again I would pop dot the image part including the black scallop mat. The blacks together don't look right to me and need a bit of space.

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment