Sunday, August 19, 2007

Some Fall Class Samples

This Fall I'm offering a number of "different" classes. That is different for me - just trying to mix things up a bit!

Today I got a chance to put together some samples - some old and some new - for upcoming classes.

The first grouping are samples for a Colouring Technique class I've named "Colour Your World". Some of these projects are repeats of what I've posted before.
In this class I'll show marker colouring on vellum, colouring with pastels, using the aquapainter, and watercolour wonder crayons.
These next 2 cards are variations of cards that I've posted before. The chicken is coloured with marker, egg with watercolour crayons and the chicken body with white gel pen spots. The fairy is coloured with marker and pencil crayon and the shadow is watercoloured. I added sparkles to her dress and wand with the Sakura Gellyroll Stardust clear pen. The background is Dots and Daisies (retired from Stampin' Up!) stamped in Bashful Blue and daisies coloured in with the white gel pen.
The second grouping of class samples are for a container class that I'm calling "Contain Yourself". Just a few easy projects to make for small gifts and treats.
Working from back left to right - the first project is a Purse-a-Lope. I happened to be in Shopper's Drug Mart when the Carlton card lady was restocking the shelves. I asked her what she was going to do with all the coloured envelopes she was pulling off the shelves. She told me that they went into the garbage. WHAT!!! So I asked her if she could, would she give them to me to use in my classes. She said that she would put together something for me and to come back later. I returned 15 minutes later and she had 2 shopping bags full for me! I was so thrilled!! These are perfect for stamping on and making into Purse-a-Lopes.
The next project is a Explosion Box Card. Very easy to do and there are a number of different sized ones on the internet. I made mine based on instructions from Brenda Quintana using 7 1/2" square for the box and 3 7/8" square for the lid. The Happy Birthday and Hip Hip Hooray stamps are acrylic stamps from Michaels' $1.50 bin. The ribbon (also from Michaels) is meant to slide on and off rather than be untied each time.
This next project is a stamped coffee filter. I got the idea from a sample posted by Nichole Heady. I used Made from Scratch and Real Red ink. I'm going to add a scalloped heart shaped tag to it but I have to pick up the punch first! Nichole suggests that these would make cheap and easy Halloween favours or a whole bowl of these in the middle of a table would make a great centrepiece!
The following is a Nugget Box made for 3 nugget pieces. I have yet to stamp up and add the labels - spelling JOY - and I'll do that later. The lid paper is from Basic Grey Fruitcake line and the bottom box is just Bazzills Olive.
This last project is a Sour Cream Twist container with a Halloween theme. The Happy Halloween and the cat image are both from Spooktacular (retired from Stampin' Up!).
I was thinking of adding a French Fry box but I'm debating whether these projects are already enough.
What do you think?
I've got a few more projects to work on - Coaster Calendar with a Crop-a-dile intro, "It's Raining Men" masculine card class, "Flipped Out" a flip book album class, and a Birthday One-Sheet-Wonder class.
Keep checking back!

2 comments:

  1. WOW! Beautiful work. I wish I lived closer so that I could take a class!

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful classes you are offering. I love the names of the classes, too :) Very clever

    ReplyDelete