Friday, September 21, 2007

Explosion Box Album

I finally finished putting together this Explosion Box Album that I started at last Saturday's crop. I wanted to make something special to put in my "extra" photos from last Christmas.

I've added photos but not any embellishments.

This is the hardest part for me - knowing what more to add to projects. I'm thinking a bit of ribbon, some clipiollas and a few label type "tags".

I used up all 21 spots for photos with a few narrow areas for adding some journalling. In hindsight I should have left a few of the "photo spots" blank for more journalling or made some pockets to slide journalling "cards" into.

I followed the instructions from Janine Tinkleberg (Jan Tink). You can find the instructions here. If you've never been to Jan's blog you should. She is one of the most FABULOUS, TALENTED and soooo GENEROUS stampers I have ever come across (and she's funny too!). I stalk her blog often!!

The "Christmas 2006" was done using the Cricut machine.

The paper is a combination of Bazzills solids and Basic Grey patterned papers from last year's Fruitcake collection.





TIP TIP TIP!!!: Before gluing down your photos make sure that the orientation is consistent. You can see that I have a few that are wonky and will be repositioned before I finish off this box.


1 comment:

  1. I just googled explosion box and it directed me to your site. Wow--this box is fabulous. I love the colors and papers you used.

    Your little comments were helpful pointers for when I make my first explosion box soon.

    Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete