Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Sympathy Swap Card #2


This is the second card that I did for my recent Sympathy Card swap.

I was inspired to get my brayer out after discovering Michelle Zindorf's blog. Michelle's brayer technique is far superior to mine and I know I need a lot of practice but I thought it turned it ok.

I started out with a So Saffron layer of ink, then I masked a 1/2 circle for the moon and brayered with Not Quite Navy and Old Olive.

The leaves from Embrace Life (SU!) were stamped in Always Artichoke and then coloured in with the fine tip of the Always Artichoke marker (I'm really not a bad colourer I did the '"scratchy" colouring on purpose to leave some highlights).

I used my versamark PEN to trace over the leaves and then embossed with detail clear. I know that Michelle does it the other way - emboss first and then brayer after for an emboss resist effect - but I wanted to try it this way.

After I finished the main image and matted it I didn't know where to put the pewter Hodgepodge label so I stuck it right on the image. I cannot begin to tell you how much this bothered me at first - but I like the effect.

I hope the ladies in my swap liked my card!

Thanks for dropping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment