Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Swap Cards for Tara's Wheely Swap

I made these 2 cards for Tara's Stampin' Up! Demo Wheely Swap.
WARNING - If you're in Tara's swap and want to wait until you get your cards to see them - LEAVE NOW!!!

The first one uses the Neighbourhood wheel.
I've seen all kinds of samples of this wheel where the houses are coloured in (various mediums used) and then others where only 1 house is coloured in and spotlighted.

I didn't want to do any of that....

I had the idea in my head to do a night time winter scene and this is what I came up with. It's kind of "Nightmare before Christmas-ish".



In this close-up shot you can see that I used Lovely as a Tree in the background and also the snowflakes from Festive Favourites and Irridescent Ice embossing powder to add a bit of "snow" glitter.

The houses were stamped in Basic Gray on white paper and then I coloured them in with Basic Gray ink and an aqua pen. I cut the strip out and added it to the Basic Gray card stock base. The circle greeting comes from Circle of Friendship.

I was going to add some ribbon but it took away from the "peacefulness" of the card. So I've left it this way. I hope the ladies like it.

This second card uses the Classic Stars wheel and is slight CASE from something I saw on SCS (SplitCoastStampers).

I used Real Red for the card base and Ballet Blue for the accent paper strip and also the ink for the stars. I then used both Star punches from Stampin' Up! to make an embellishment. CONGRATULATIONS comes from Hugs & Wishes and is embossed in White Detail embossing powder.

Tip: I added the ribbon and then tied a smaller piece on to make the knot. Much easier to do than tying a knot on a piece of ribbon your trying to glue down!

I have a ton of wheels and like using them - on the spool or not - so I can't wait to see what samples I'll get back in the swap!

No comments:

Post a Comment