Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Birthday Card Class Samples

This month I'm running a couple of Birthday Card Classes.

I already had my "guinea pig" group come last Friday and I've got another group of ladies coming this Friday. I call the first class my "guinea pig" class because I learn a lot from them on how to make the next class better!

The idea for this class was to use up scraps of patterned paper while making easy Birthday cards.

Without further delay (blah blah blah) here are the 5 cards we're making.

This first one is a CASE of a swap card I received last year. I thnk Carmen Bodnarek sent this one in but I'm not sure now? I added a few brads and patterned paper (scrapbook walls Denim Tweed).
I love this tweed paper but I can't find it anymore - luckily I'm only using a bit so it goes a long way!
I showed the ladies how to set brads using the mat pack.
We also used the spritzer tool on this card.

This next one I designed using Upsy Daisy and some bright pink ribbon and polka dot paper
(Cherry Arte Cosmic Energy - Monkey in Space).
We also made this card with a bright green ribbon
(like Gable Green) and a hot pink circle in the flower.
This next one is CASED from a card I received from my friend Alysabeth Johnston. I had a few of these Stampin' Up! paper pads leftover but wanted to make them last - yes I'm a hoarder - what better way than to add strips! The cupcake stamp is from Hampton Arts.
I added glitter for a more girly look!

These next 2 are swap card CASEs from another pal -
Heather Neidig!

I have to say that the class ladies had a really hard time with the "random" waves!

Heather used the new single birthday stamp from Stampin' Up! called Birthday Wish on her card but I don't have that one (yet) and so I had to improvise with this one.
I think it's from Warmest Regards. I just loved how she used the subtle flower image to make the greeting "pop"!

I've got another full class coming up this Friday and I'll probably repeat this class again in April.

No comments:

Post a Comment