Sunday, November 15, 2009

Folded Embossing Folders Technique

One of the swaps in my Quick Christmas Swap (done by Ann Wood) uses the Crimped Over the Top Technique (see tutorial HERE).
I really like the look of this and decided to experiment a bit using this technique and a Cuttlebug Folder.
Ok the truth is I could not find my crimper so I tried this out instead.

I haven't seen this done anywhere else - am I the first?
This is what I came up with using the Cuttlebug Forest Branches embossing folder.
It's very easy - just fold your base piece anyway you like and then put it in the embossing folder. Run it through your Big Shot and use it as your base mat layer.

There are so many techniques - tried and true - that have been around for ages. With the progress in papercraft supplies/tools it makes me wonder what other techniques can be tweaked and modified a bit to come up with NEW techniques?




No comments:

Post a Comment