Sunday, January 31, 2010

Valentines' Card Redo

Sometimes I like to redo cards that I've made in the past.

I made this card year's ago (2007) using Living Large (a retired Stampin' Up! set).


I just redid the card - a couple of times - and I changed a few things.
First of all instead of using the marker over pencil technique (like in the original) I coloured in the images with COPICs (R39,R59, E21, 100 and C1 for shading).
I applied the C1 just to the right side of the image for more of a "shadow" rather than all around the image like I usually do in a "glow". See a close up of what I mean below.
I know it's not my best colouring job but it is the best I can do right now - chemo is playing havoc with my eyesight!
AND instead of using the scalloped circle punch for matting I used the scallop border punch and "scrunched" it around the circle.
Rather than reinvent the wheel I will direct you to Ilina Crouse's blog HERE to see how it is done.




No comments:

Post a Comment