Sunday, April 24, 2011

Reinker Technique Demo

If you missed the reinker techniques I demonstrated at Scrap Arts yesterday don't worry - I'm going to share them with you ALL here!

What the heck is this???

It's a pie plate filled with SHAVING CREAM and a few drops Carmine reinker.



 After you drop the reinker into the shaving cream you swish it around - I used chopsticks - and then drop a piece of white cardstock into it.  This gives you all kinds of cool "marble-y" backgrounds.



BUT THAT"S NOT ALL! 
Last night I was thinking about this technique and I had the idea to drop in some of the heat embossed roses from my Fresh Florals class.

WOW!  They turned out so nice!!


Another reinker technique is the Baby Wipe technique (aka Drip Drop Reinker). 
I usually do the Baby Wipe Swipe technique where you drip some reinker on a baby wipe and then swipe it across glossy paper to make a cool background pattern (see below) but the Drip Drop Reinker technique is different!

Drip some drops of reinker randomly on a couple of baby wipes to make your own custom stamp pad.
Start with the darker colours first!

 Ink up your stamp - be careful not to tap or move it around too much!
 Stamp it on to glossy paper and then cut out your images. 


This is a leaf stamp from Tim Holtz.

 Here's another example using pink toned reinkers.

Until Next Time!
Marie


No comments:

Post a Comment