Sunday, May 22, 2011

Quick Card

I had to make a quick birthday card for my mother-in-law to go along with a group gift (it's not her actual birthday but we were hosting a party for her).

I hate having to make cards at the last minute - even though I have my own "room" - it's always a mess and I feel overwhelmed when put on the spot.

But not this time!

TIP: When working on a project make up extra focal pieces/embellishments that you can use later when needed! And most importantly put them somewhere you can find them later!

I had some leftover watercoloured roses from my last class so I used one, plus some leaves and a prestamped greeting and stuck them onto this card base that I ran through my Big Shot.

Voila!




Not bad for something that took me less than 10 minutes!  All I had to cut was 1/2 sheet of cardstock for the base!!

Supplies:
Stamps: SU! Fifth Avenue Floral, Sincere Salutations, PTI - Year of Flowers Roses (leaf)
Paper: SU! Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla, Shimmer White
Ink: SU! Basic Black, Regal Rose, Melon Mango, Pretty in Pink, Old Olive, Certainly Celery, Versamark
Other: SU! Vintage Wallpaper embossing folder

Until Next Time!
Marie

1 comment: