Sunday, April 29, 2007

Stampin' Up! Regional Event Photos

I've gone through my photos of the Stampin' Up! Regional event from yesterday. I now wished that I had taken more!

There were some great display boards with card samples and a few scrapping and 3 D samples too.

I've heard that these samples come from Demos who leave their swaps in the SU! basket at other events. I'm not sure if that's true or not but I did toss one of my swaps in - just in case!

Here are some photos of the display boards:








Here are some close ups of the cards that appealed to me:






Shelli showed us how she makes chocolate buckets using Mod Podge and gave us a sneak peek at the wider grosgrain ribbon that may be coming out in the new SU! Fall/Winter catalogue.



Some of the cool things I learned yesterday were:

Making blender pen markers with the new In Colour inks and then labelling them with paper and 1/4 inch punch outs.



Using the TICKET corner punch to make a scalloped edge - that's 3 punches now that you can make a scalloped edge with!



Using the colour spitzer tool with a bleach filled aqua-painter pen for a mottled effect.

Embossing clear buttons!



Fraying grosgrain ribbon by cutting off the edge and then using your paper piercing tool to start the separation of the threads for this cool effect.


Using a plain old office file folder to create this really cool flip album.


One of the ladies sitting at our table, Jacqui, demoed how to use the SU! Pure Colour Pencils and blending them with Baby Oil!

Another lady demoed how to use your reinkers & baby wipes to create beautiful background layers and also how to use the two again as a stamp pad!

There was so much to learn and take in. My head was spinning!

Like I said I wished that I had taken more photos!

No comments:

Post a Comment