Sunday, April 29, 2007

Embossing Vellum using your Computer Printer

I recently participated in an invitation swap and embossed the invitation details on vellum card stock.

I've had a few inquiries on how to do this so I thought it might make a great "how to" for my blog.

It's really very easy and you'll agree once you know how to do it. You just need to have everything set up & ready to emboss before you start.

This is a very quick and easy process but you can't be trying to cook dinner, answer the phone and do homework with the kids while you are embossing vellum printed from your printer.

You have to emboss it while the print is still wet (and it will dry quickly not like versamark embossing).

Here's how I do it:

1. First I rub an anti-static pillow all over my vellum cardstock sheet.

2. Then I put the vellum cs in my printer (just a regular ink jet NOT a laser printer) and print up 4 invitations at once on one sheet (using a postcard template).

3. I only do one sheet at a time because you want to emboss it before the ink dries. Be very careful not to touch the print because it will smudge.

4. As soon as it comes out of my printer I take it right away to my clear embossing powder tray. I have to walk into another room so I carry it with the back out (print facing me) so that the breeze from walking won't dry the ink.

5. I apply detail clear embossing powder and then heat set it.

And that's it - it's really that easy!

Just remember, the KEY is to do only 1 page at a time and emboss right away after it's printed.

3 comments:

  1. Great tips..I am going to have to try this. Love your blog and visit it often!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tips I love coming here to look at your ideas

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. Thanks for the neat idea!!! I just finished browsing your blog, it's amazing! I am going to link you if that's okay? Let me know if not & I will remove it. Have a fab day!!!

    Steph

    ReplyDelete