Wednesday, May 16, 2007

I feel the start of something...




This is the card that I came up with for Diane's Sunday Sketch Challenge
The first photo is taken with my digital camera and the second one is scanned. Not sure which one I like better...

I'm in a bit of a "creative slump" but forced myself to sit down tonight and think about the stamps and paper that I set out on Sunday to do Diane's challenge.

Again I don't like the colour combo nor the stamp set (and I don't like the layout either - no offence Diane!). However, I did get an idea and just went with it.

I used Green Galore, Tempting Turquoise and Orchid Opulence as well as Tag Time as per Diane's challenge.

The problem for me with the colours is the BRIGHTNESS and the CONTRAST. So I tried to disguise them with background stamps.

I used CANVAS and DOTTED background stamps from Stampin' Up! The word Baby came from one of the AYCs (also retiring this year). I also added white card stock, white craft ink and my white gel pen.
Both the baby and the umbrella are layered on (that is I stamped them on white, cut them out and then added them to the image for more of a 3D effect).

I'm very happy with the results and although I didn't like the challenge criteria at first I'm finding that this is helping me to think outside my little box and try new things.

Thank you Diane for challenging me!

2 comments:

  1. Man oh man, Marie, I wish I had creative slumps like yours. One of these days I should show you the cards I make when I'm in a creative slump -- let's just say you would have to look at them at your own risk!

    I absolutely love your card. The multicolored pattern is awesome! The baby in combination with the umbrealla is even more brilliant -- I never would have thought to put those two images together. Amazing!

    I find that whenever I'm in a creative slump challenges get me out of it, because they take away the pressure to come up with all the elements of a card and force you to think out of the box at the same time. In fact, I found this color combo when I did a limited supplies challenge on Splitcoast that called for just the use of bold brights. So I'm very glad if this tough challenge (and it had to be if you hated all of the elements -- LOL!) helped in any way to unleash your amazing creativity!

    And here's a sneak preview of the next challenge - Lexicon of Love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I whish I could lose my mojo and create what you do. Heck I can't even create what you do on a good day.

    ReplyDelete