Thursday, May 24, 2007

OSW Swap Cards

I'm still waiting on the last package of card fronts (3 spots) to swap out the Oldie but Goodie swap but in the meantime here is MY second card for this swap (the first was the Glitter Fairy card).

Can you tell I'm getting desparate for posts and really haven't been able to stamp much with the painters still here. I'm hoping that I will have my stamp studio (aka dining room) back tomorrow and can get going on my other swaps.

Getting back to today's post - I've shared this card before but I wanted to let you in on a couple of little secrets.

First of all I made this card using the One Sheet Wonder technique.

I stamped up an entire sheet of white cardstock using Stampin' Up!s Best Blossoms stamp set (Sell-a-Bration set from 2006). I used Rose Red, Regal Rose, Pretty in Pink and Certainly Celery ink. Then I cut it up into smaller accent pieces for my cards. For this particular card I needed 2 1/2 x 4 inch pieces and I was able to cut 8 pieces from this sheet of 8 1/2 x 11 (I only needed to make 7 of these cards so I ended up with 1 extra!).






Another tip is that I cheated on the matting for this card! Instead of using a large piece of Regal Rose for the mat I used scrap strips. I glued the strips onto the back of the OSW piece first and then glued the entire piece onto the card front. Not only do I save paper but I also save on the weight of the cards (especially helpful when doing multiple mats and mailing cards!).

The last tip/secret I want to share on this card is that I cut the larger oval mat FREE HAND! In order to get as much of the greeting on the oval I had to use Stampin' Up!s largest oval punch. I really wanted a mat for this greeting and so I glued the greeting piece first and then cut out the Certainly Celery oval mat by hand.

The oval greetings look kind of neon yellow (much like my daughter's bedroom) but they are really the same Barely Banana as the card front!

Hopefully tomorow I'll have NEW stuff to share with you!

1 comment:

  1. I love your OSW design and the final cards. I do what you do with the faux matting with scrap strips a lot -- as you say, it saves both materials and weight. Great job!

    ReplyDelete