Monday, May 7, 2007

Stamp with Diane Sunday Morning Challenge

I don't usually do these challenges - although I'd love to - I just don't have the time.

BUT this morning I made the time and participated in Diane's Challenge.

Diane put out this challenge on her blog post yesterday http://stampwithdiane.blogspot.com/2007/05/little-sunday-morning-challenge-who.html and gave her readers the layout, stamp set, and colour scheme for paper and inks.
All you have to do is make the card and post your link in her comments for that post.

This challenge was especially CHALLENGING for me because A. I don't like the stamp set - don't know why I bought it in the first place?? AND B. I don't like the colour combination - actually I don't like Apricot Appeal!

After I pulled out all of my challenge criteria materials I did not play around at all with this one and actually found it easy to put together.
Here is my card:



I used In Full Bloom (as part of the challenge criteria), Canvas & Wild Hearts (my sister thinks this stamp looks like alfafa sprouts), and Sincere Salutations (from my prestamped greetings stash). The paper and ink colours are Apricot Appeal (blech!) and Certainly Celery.
TIPS:
After I inked the Canvas in Certainly Celery I used a tissue and wiped out a section in the middle where I estimated the stem and leaf would go. That gave me the "masked" effect in the middle.
To colour in the flower (which is pop dotted for a 3D effect) I outlined with the Apricot Appeal (blech!) marker and then cut out the flower. I then used a sponge to sponge on more Apricot Appeal (blech!) and also sponged the black ink in the centre of the flower for a softer more "pastel" effect. As I've posted before I am a LAZY stamper and chose to colour the flower this way rather than dig out my blender pens and pastels. I just happened to have sponges on my table and used them!
I think it turned out alright...

1 comment:

  1. Marie, I think you have just proven the whole reason for my posting the challenge -- what an absolutely amazing card, and so different from the one I cameup with despite the same stamps, colors and layout!

    Kudos to you for taking up a challenge with a stamp set and colors you dislike.

    And just look at what you created -- it's absolutely wonderful! I love the popped up flower and your tip on creating the faux masked look! All I can say is WOW (and thanks for playing!)

    ReplyDelete