Saturday, May 5, 2007

Time to Stamp!

Tonight I took a few minutes and stamped a card that I had in my head.

Do you do that? Come up with a card idea when you're busy somewhere else?

Well that's what happened to me today. I was sitting in the stands at this old arena letting my mind wander before my son's lacrosse game started.

Then BAM!

I had to root around in my purse for a pen and something to write on (a grocery receipt) and draw out my card with colour & stamp notes.

I should carry a card layout journal with me like someone else is doing - can't remember who's blog it was I read that on - but boy did that sound like a good idea to me.

Anyway, here it is....


I've decided that this will be one of the card designs I'm doing for a swap I'm hosting called Oldie but Goodie. I thought it would be fun to stamp some card fronts using older retired stamp sets. This is not for demo display use it's for use USE.
I discovered this card layout on Michelle Wooderson's blog (http://michellewooderson.blogspot.com/2007/04/more-tent-topper-cards.html). She's calling it a "tent topper" card. I've been wanting to try it out for a while now but needed some inspiration for colours and stamps.
I used Stampin' Up! Fairy Nice, and Pocket Posies with black ink (outline), Certainly Celery, Pretty in Pink, Summer Yellow, Bashful Blue, and Blush Blossom (skin tone). I coloured in most of it using markers and the aqua pen and added some glitter to her wings. The cardstock colours are white, Certainly Celery and Pretty in Pink. It's kind of hard to see but I added Dazzling Diamonds to her wings and skirt.
Well what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment