Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Challenges & Masculine #2, 3 & 4

Finally, I got on the desktop computer with the camera card reader and I can now upload my cards!

These are ALL Masculine Cards in keeping with my Masculine Week challenge to myself.

These are also cards that I made by following (somewhat loosely) other blogger's sketch challenges.

The first one was "inspired" by Jen's sketch #4 challenge. I started out with her layout but then I got off the sketch a bit with some extra matting.

I used the retired Stampin' Up! stamp set called Toybox. I coloured the images in with my aquapainter using markers and ink pads. The card base is white, then there's a Real Red layer and the images (stamped in black on white cardstock) are matted on Bashful Blue.

I purposely stamped the images somewhat scattered for a "different" kind of look - hence the upside down robot!

This next card was based on Julee's Bingo Sketch Round #3.

For this card I used another retired Stampin' Up! stamp set called Back Nine.
The card base is white and I added some scraps for layers. I dug into my scrap bin and found this diamond patterned paper scrap and decided to use it for the top of the card. I used a scrap of Bazzills Brown for the bottom and Certainly Celery for the strip.
I punched the white circle for the main image using my Mega circle punch and then I free hand cut the Ruby Red layer - the Giga circle punch was too wide for this card.
I added some "golfer" images on the celery layer using Creamy Caramel ink and I also "touched" the edge of the celery with Canvas background inked again with Creamy Caramel.
The main image was stamped in black and then coloured using markers and with sponges and ink.
The greeting "FORE" was stamped in black ink using Karen Foster snap stamps (LOVE THEM!).
The last card is based on Heather's sketch challenge at Ribbons and Ink.

Again I used the Back Nine stamp set and stamped the golf bag in black ink on Very Vanilla. I coloured it with my aquapainter and Creamy Caramel ink. I then inked up my Canvas background stamp and used my Background Omit technique to add some interest to the main image. I also stamped the Bravo Burgundy strip with Canvas but it's difficult to see in the photo.

I stamped the golfers image in the lower left and upper right of the card in Creamy Caramel ink for a subtle background effect.

I used Always Artichoke, Bravo Burgundy, Certainly Celery and Very Vanilla card stock.

I still have to make a card for my dad since he's NOT a golfer and the toybox one is a bit juvenile for a 70 year old!

Hopefully I'll come up with something tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Such great cards. I always find masculine cards tough... probably because I never buy any masculine stamps! ;) Love what you did with the sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great cards, I like most everyone else have trouble with masculine cards, love your upsidedown robot

    ReplyDelete