I've had a few requests on how to make the Decoupaged Tiles so I'll attempt to explain it - sorry I don't have time to put together a tutorial right now!
The first step is to prepare your glazed tile to accept various mediums for antiquing and staining.
1. Take a plain white glazed tile and apply a thin coat of white glue to the surface.
2. Adhere a piece of solid coloured tissue paper (cut to size close to the tile size) in a light neutral colour - I like to use vanilla.
3. Gently press out the bumps and air pockets of glue being careful not to tear or "smoosh" the tissue too much.
4. Allow to dry completely.
5. Trim off excess tissue using an exacto and/or a fine sanding block.
Now it's time to decorate your tile. I like to use designer paper napkins that are 3 ply or printed tissue paper to add images to the tiles.
1. Prepare your design by trimming out images from printed tissue paper or designer paper napkins (if using 3 ply separate plys after you have trimmed the images).
2. Apply glue to area of PREPARED TILE (one that already has a layer of tissue paper on it!) and then apply the trimmed images from step 1.
3. Press out air bubbles being careful not to tear or "smoosh" the images.
4. Continue with step 2 until your design is complete.
5. For borders I like to piece together greetings and/or smaller images from other napkins or tissue paper. However you could add stamped greetings when the tile is DRY. Do not stamp into wet/gluey tissue.
6. Allow glued images and entire tile to dry completely.
7. Complete your tile by adding metallic accents or borders using KRYLON markers or acrylic paint and adding colour washes using ink refills or acrylic paint (thinned out with water).
8. Allow to dry again and then coat with spray on Krylon sealon or applying coats of Modge Podge or Anita's Polyurethane Water Based Sealer.
9. Allow to dry from sealer step 8 and then add cork feet or a hanger clip (using E6000 glue).
There you have it! It's very easy once you get used to the process of working with tissue and glue and the results are amazing!