Monday, June 11, 2007

Just a Quickie!

Today I spent most of the morning preparing for the Kids' Father's Day class I'm doing tomorrow. Tomorrow's will be the first class this week and then I have another on Thursday. There are 12 kids in each class at 2 different elementary schools (btw I may be adding another school next year!).

I'm pretty much done preparing the "kits" for each student I just need to cut ribbon and then I can pack up.

But I'm easily distracted and while cutting, counting and sorting I noticed my Scor-Pal (which I used to make the gate fold card bases) was calling out to me to play some more.

So I grabbed some of the Au Chocolat Designer Patterned Paper from SU! and made this quick gift card wallet.


I got the idea from Cambria Turnbow's blog.

Pretty darn cute isn't it?
Did you notice the bow? I finally learned how to tie a nice bow!!
Now Cambria embellishes hers with all kinds of cut-outs but I left mine plain.
This one has an old Chapters Gift Card in it but I'm going to make a bunch of these for teachers' gifts and put $10 Starbucks gift cards in them.




You can find out how to make one for yourself by going to Cambria's blog and following her 8x8 Fold Gift Card Holder tutorial.


No comments:

Post a Comment