Sunday, June 3, 2007

Needed a Birthday Card!

Today my daughter is going to a Birthday Beach Party for a girlfriend who is turning 14 and she needed a card -FAST!
I threw this one together real fast without a sketch just going by "feel".

I used Basic Grey Archangel paper from the Romani collection with a Very Vanilla card base. You may think that I must LOVE Very Vanilla because I use it all the time but the truth is I'm lazy and like to use whatever is laying out. This package and the Chocolate Chip are still out from the cards I made last week!
If I was in the mood for walking I could have grabbed the Pretty in Pink ink and a sponge and added some sponging to finish it off nicely - but it's a last minute card and not a masterpiece!

I made the greeting a slider on SU! pink gingham ribbon.
The greeting is from SU! Sincere Salutations (I used one from my stash of prestamped greetings).
The flower is the Martha Stewart Cornflower punch in Pretty in Pink and Vellum. I cut out (free hand) the yellow centre from scrap and added a gem brad (from Making Memories) a little off centre for interest (ok it was a mistake really but I like how imperfect it looks).
I also used the Lace Border punch also from Martha Stewart to finish it off.
Now all of this stuff was sitting out since I'd just been to the scrapbooking store and picked up the Basic Grey paper, the brads & punches were from a purchase this week at Michaels and everything else was within arm's reach.
If not, I would have come up with a completely different card but this isn't bad for a 5 minute card.
What do you think?

3 comments:

  1. This is a really pretty card, i like your colors and placement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty, pretty card! Love those colors and the composition!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this! The layered flower and lacy edge are really pretty. I like the "simple" look.

    ReplyDelete