Sunday, June 3, 2007

Diane's Sunday Sketch Challenge Card

I really wanted to play along with Diane's Challenge this week but I don't have the stamp set so.....I picked another stamp set and followed her guidelines.


Here is my card for Diane's latest sketch challenge;


For this card I used Fairy Nice (one of my favourite SU! sets!) for the main image and greeting, Canvas and Dots & Daisies for the background. I used Basic Black, Bashful Blue and Certainly Celery ink as well as my Signo white gel pen. I made the card base from White, and added a layer of Bashful Blue and a strip of Certainly Celery card stock.

I coloured in the fairy with markers and watercoloured Bashful Blue around her to give her some definition. I added some "fairy dust" to her wand, wings and skirt (really it's Dazzlin Diamonds from SU!).

I wasn't sure what to do about matting the main image so I simply used another layer of white. It may sound kind of strange but it does look nice and crisp and gives the impression of dry embossing.
Here's a close up of the glitter and double white layers.

I can't wait to see what the others come up with!


5 comments:

  1. Your card turned out great, Marie!I'm so gad you decided to play even though you didn't have the Pretty Princess set. This was a terrific substitute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very cute card. I had not seen this stamp set before....how adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your glitzy little fairy! So pretty.

    ReplyDelete