Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Captain Crafter Sketch Challenge #18

Tonight I had some time to do Captain Crafter's Sketch Challenge #18

I strayed a bit in that I made my main image piece much larger than the sketch showed - I really wanted to use my NEW Stampendous Agapanthus Cluster stamp. I picked up this stamp at I'm Impressed in Granville Market yesterday along with some others which I'll share as I use them.

The Captain's sketch challenge criteria stated that we use Cool Caribbean (or Soft Sky which I don't have YET), Certainly Celery, More Mustard, Black and a neutral. I used Whisper White cardstock.

I used the Floral background stamp with More Mustard ink on the Cool Caribbean card front (I'm getting accustomed to using patterned paper and thought this made it look more finished).

I then stamped the Certainly Celery strip with Cool Caribbean ink using the Canvas background stamp (for the same reasons as above).

Then I added 3 Antique Brass brads and set them using my paper piercing template from Stampin' Up!

I added a mat of More Mustard and used my fingernail to roughen up the edge of this and the Certainly Celery strip. I really like this look and I think it adds dimension quickly and simply.

I wasn't sure how to best use my new stamp with this colour combination so I made 2 versions.

For the first one I stamped the image in Black ink, outlined the image with Certainly Celery marker and sponged More Mustard on the edges.

For the second one I stamped the image using my Certainly Celery marker and then ran the edge of the white piece in the Black ink.


I hope you like them and thanks for checking my blog!

1 comment: