Sunday, September 30, 2007

Old and New at the Holidays Swap Card

This is one of 2 cards I made for my latest swap - Oldie but Goodie. I'll share the other one tomorrow...got to spread out my blog posts!



This is a Stampin' Up! Demonstrator swap with the criteria being Stampin' Up! products only - current and/or retired.

I used this retired Stampin' Up! stamp set called Santa and Friends for the main images. After the Ark card I've found myself in a "cutting" mood. So I cut out the red sleigh and brown reindeer and "reined" them in with linen thread for a 3D effect.

I tore white paper for "snow" and stamped snowflakes with white ink on a bashful blue layer. The card base is white with a red layer under the blue. I love this red, white and light blue colour combo!

Here's a close up of the card.

Santa on his sleigh was stamped in black ink on the card before I added the red cut out sleigh. I coloured Santa in with red marker and white signo gel pen.

I think it turned out ok...what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment