Sunday, September 30, 2007

Are you stuck in a rut too?

I think I'm beginning to get stuck in a stamping rut!

My name is Marie, and I'm a cutter!

I have an overwhelming need to cut up stuff - 3 of my last creations have involved cutting stuff out. My Ark card, my Halloween Treat holder, and my latest swap card with all the cut up reindeer!

I find stamping up a sheet of images and then cutting them out very relaxing and rewarding. I like to cut while I'm in the car waiting for my son at soccer practice, in front of the TV waiting for a load to dry, or keeping my husband "company" while he watches his sports on TV and constantly changes the channels.

I've been blurfing (blog surfing) and I've noticed that other stampers have their little "habits" too.

I see one blogger that sews on EVERY card, another that uses stick pins, someone else who colours everything, then there's the stampers that are stuck on certain stamps, multi-layer card makers, the excessive sponger and the list goes on....

No offense - they're really wonderful artists and I enjoy visiting their blogs and seeing their beautiful creations.

AND I'm so happy to see that I'm not alone in this "rut" thing. I KNOW it's hard to break out of something that we enjoy and find comfortable. Especially when the results are guaranteed and it's become like a "signature".

So with this "rut" I'm in - I'm having some serious trouble with my latest challenge - a ONE LAYER card. I can't think of anything to stamp that doesn't involved cutting or punching! It's a real challenge for me and I might just ask my daughter to help me out with some inspiration.

Are you stuck in a rut too? If so, what is it? Maybe I'll switch to your stamping "habit" for a bit and get out of my rut! Maybe you'd like to try mine or someone else's?

Together we can help each other!

Leave me a comment and let me know...

No comments:

Post a Comment