This is the card I made for my current Card Sketch Challenge #7.
Well after transferring the photos onto another computer and trying again I've finally got it to work!
This card would qualify for 3 entries into my prize drawings. 1 it follows the sketch, 2 it uses chipboard, and 3 it's a holiday card!
Here's a close up of the chipboard piece -
Paper: Stampin' Up! Real Red card base, Always Artichoke layer, Dashing & Cerise patterned paper
Stamps: Stampin' Up! Sparkling Sayings
Ink: Stampin' Up! Real Red
Extras: Dazzling Diamonds glitter, gold embossing powder, dimensionals
I'll let you in on a couple of secrets:
1. The chipboard is actually cereal box cardboard that I cut into a star shape.
2. I inked the chipboard with my Real Red ink pad. The coverage was great and it kind of looked like a wooden star. I'll have to try to use it that way so you can see what I mean!
3. I applied gold embossing powder to the star loosely - that is without Versamark - to get that gilded look and have some of the red ink show through.
4. I used a fine tip glue pen to outline the areas where I wanted glitter.
5. To add dimension I used one layer of dimensionals under the "Sparkle" greeting and used 2 layers under the star to make it higher than the greeting.
6. Since this was a multiple layer card sketch I used a packaged set of papers that I knew would coordinate.
I'm working on another card using the same sketch but using non-SU! products. Check back to see anothe version of this sketch tomorrow!