Friday, January 11, 2008

Getting back into the groove...

Can you believe that we are almost 1/2 way through January?

It's been so long since I blogged I don't know where to begin...

First I'll start by telling you that we had a great Christmas and a fantastic time in Palm Springs this year. I hope everyone had a good holiday!

I didn't do much stamping or crafting while the kids were off school but I'm trying to get some done now that they're back in school.

Nothing too exciting - just a few samples for upcoming classes.

The first one is for a Wedding Invite Class I'm doing later this month. It's basically the same class I ran last year - 4 invites and 4 favours. I shared a few of the cards before so I won't repeat them but I will show you this.



It's a pyramid favour box! The base is only 2x2 so it's the perfect size for a truffle or a Hershey's Kiss.

It's very easy! You just cut up your double sided patterned paper 6x6 then score at 2 & 4 turn the side and score 2 & 4 again. You cut away the corner squares then mark the remaining squares at the centre points and trim into triangles. Punch small holes in the top of each triangle and fold. Use narrow ribbon or cord to close.

These other 2 samples are for a Valentine's Day Card Class I'm doing at the beginning of next month.


This first card uses the new background script stamp from SU! I stamped it on this patterned paper because I could not find the right paper for this card. I don't know about you but since I discovered this it has opened my eyes to all kinds of possibilities with making my own patterned paper using patterned paper and background stamps!

The nice thing about this first card is the embossed embellishment. What I discovered (maybe you already knew this) is that when you emboss something you can bend it and shape it a bit to make it more interesting. I bent the crown so that it was more rounded and used a dimensional (just in the middle) to hold it's shape.

Here's a close up view:



The second card is pretty self explanatory - some sanding of patterned paper, a scalloped punched heart, some faux stitching with a white gel pen (this is the Signo pen from SU! and it really is the best one out there!!!), some distressing of the pink paper with brown ink and some ribbon. I really like the thicker grosgrain ribbon from SU! and knew I had to use it on this card.



Only 2 cards finished for this class for now but I've got 2 more in the works and I'll post them later this weekend.

3 comments:

  1. Love those Valentine cards! Great idea to stamp on patterned paper. It really adds a whole new avenue to explore doesn't it. I have heard that some papers don't take stamping well, so you might want to do a test depending on the project.
    Thanks for posting the link to your blog on the Inkredible-Cdns group. I enjoyed seeing the projects.
    --Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marie. Love your projects today. I am kinda slow when it comes to understanding written instructions. Could you pretty please take a picture of the step where you turn the squares into triangles? I love your pyramid box and I think it could be decorated and used for a lot of different occassions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. fantastic cards, all of them but the one with the gold embossed crown is my fav, well done :)
    Karvaloo

    ReplyDelete