Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Local King Card

I FINALLY got around to using some of my new rubber from Local King Rubber Stamps.

I made this card after seeing this one from Michelle Wooderson.

The stamp set is called Detail Birds.

I chose this one because I wanted a detailed image to colour with my COPICS. I think this is a hummingbird but I'm not sure (I'm not a bird watcher) - I'll have to ask Lisa what bird she drew when she made this stamp!

I used my Cuttlebug to emboss the background layer and then I "swiped" it with white chalk ink. I also used my Sakura Black Glaze pen for the claws, eye and beak.


I'm in a bit of a creative rut lately so I've been doing a lot of "blurfing" and CASING to get back in the grove. I'm beginning to feel a little something....

Thanks for popping in...

4 comments:

  1. Your coloring is outstanding. And I really like the bg, esp with the soft white coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy, wow, Marie, your colouring skills are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marie, it's gorgeous!! Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card. Love the colouring of the bird.

    ReplyDelete