Monday, September 29, 2008

Saturday Card Camp

This past Saturday I taught a Card Camp at the Scrap Arts store in North Vancouver.

There were 6 ladies there and we plowed through 12 cards and a card keeper tin in just under 4 hours.

It was a lot of fun and according to one customer - each card was "adorable"! She said this every time we started a new card!! It was obvious she was very happy to be there. Thanks Patricia for all your enthusiasm!

Here's the "camp snack" I put together for everyone.


I used one a stamp from Provocraft that you just "dial" to say what you want.

I don't use it very often but it does come in handy to make personalized greetings and in this case - a label for a water bottle pouch!


Now I know someone will ask me how I made this so I'll tell you my secret.
I was cutting standard sized cards using 12x12 paper (Kraft paper in this case) and these were made up from the leftovers!

The dimensions are 3 1/2 wide by 12 long. I scored at 2 1/2 and then again at 8 1/2 . I tore one edge (at 12 inches) and folded it up. Stamped stuff on it and stapled it. The hole at the top was punched using a 1 3/4 inch circle punch.
Now isn't that easy?
I can tell you that all of the ladies really got a kick out of their Camp Snack and appreciated the snack during the long class.
Except for one lady who didn't eat her granola bar nor drink her water.
At the end of the class I asked her about it and she said she was "saving" it to take home! How cute is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment