Tuesday, February 24, 2009

New Catalogue Swap - My Contribution

These are the 4 cards I made for the New Catty swap that I just hosted.

Some of the cards were CASED and tweaked from cards I found on SCS and on other blogs.
After getting all the swaps and seeing the new Texturz plates I felt like my card is so plain! I wished that I had received mine in time to jazz up this background!
I don't know why this next one has "waves" in it. It's not like this IRL but the camera does not lie and maybe I didn't smooth it down enough while gluing? I designed this card myself bAdd Imageut found it to be too flat. So I cut into the rose and slipped the ribbon under it for a more layered look.
Speaking of cutting this next one gave me hand cramps! I was inspired to try this this card after seeing 2 versions of it from Kurtis the Stampin' Kub.

The branches are stuck on with glue dots and then the label is popped up with foam dots.

This last one I CASED (sorry I can't remember who did it originally - but if you're ready this THANKS for the inspiration!).

I did change a couple of things - cut out and popped the bird up and didn't tie a bow with the ribbon (I'm not good at bows as you can see from my cards - flat ribbon or cheater knots for me!)
I think I messed up on the branch too - it doesn't look right to me now but I just stamped them all like this because at the time it looked good to me!
Stay tuned!

The swaps have been mailed and I will be posting the cards sent in by the participants soon.

1 comment:

  1. I just LUV you know I card one SO MUCH CUTTING! They are all so nice.