Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Twisted Rose Tutorial

I saw this Ribbon Rose embellishment in the November issue of Stampin' Success Magazine - it's a publication for Stampin' Up! Demonstrators.

So I decided to give it a try!

1. First you start off with a piece of scrap paper (I used the scrap from die cut) and apply some double sided tape. I couldn't find my red line tape so I used the Scor-Tape (Sookwang).
Apply as much as you need for the size of flower you are planning to make.

2. Remove the liner.3. Next select the ribbon you want to use - it's best to use ribbon that is 5/8 inch wide or less.
4. Start your centre and twist and turn
(I find it easier to twist the ribbon AND twist the scrap paper).5. Continue twisting and turning until you have the size rose you need.6. Once you have the size rose you want you can trim away the excess scrap paper.7. I like to singe the end of the ribbon so it doesn't fray and then tuck in the loose end.



2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I just wanted you to know that your project will appear on the Yahoo Group Late Night Stamper’s blog finds of the day for December 10. Want to receive your own copy of the blog finds of the day? Join us at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/stampinuplnstampers/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks terrific. Thanks for sharing this wonderful tutorial. I can see myself trying these out after I get over Christmas.

    ReplyDelete