Sunday, April 18, 2010

Stampin' Royalty Challenge #15

I just finished this card for the KISS (Keep It Simple, Sweetie) Stampin' Royalty Challenge #15.

I was inspired by THIS card made by Nicole Heady.

My version has no colouring - I simply stamped the flower on red card stock and used a black gel pen to accent it.

The greeting is stamped right on the patterned paper and the ribbon is retired Stampin' Up!

I know I should be making bright coloured cards now that it's spring but I MADE this Kraft dotted paper (digitally) and I wanted to use it.

ETA: Angela left a comment on this post saying that she loved the SU! Write Stuff digital paper - assuming that's what I used. But I have to tell you that I created this KRAFT dotted paper the hard way with Photoshop not knowing that there was a More Mustard dot in that download. DUH! I really should print out those SU! download kits (using gallery shots) so that I don't have to reinvent the wheel again. Seriously I could have taken that More Mustard dot from Write Stuff and simply changed it to Kraft rather than making it myself!

Let this be a lesson to us all! Stay tuned for a post on keeping track of your digital paper!

Here's a comparison:





6 comments:

  1. Wow! beautiful card - great job on simple and yet so elegant! Thanks for playing with us at Stampin' Royalty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! I love your digital paper too! Thanks for playing along with us at Stampin' Royalty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job Marie! I love the Write Stuff Digital paper! This looks fabulous! Thanks so much for playing with us at Stampin' Royalty this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card. Nicole Heady has some great stuff eh? I find all the digital papers confusing too. Thanks for playing with us again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. absolutely stunning card. love the simplicity and modern feel. Hugs, mary

    ReplyDelete