Monday, August 30, 2010

What I'm Up To Monday - Looking for Hersey's Nuggets

This week will go by very quickly as it's the last week before the kids go back to school - at least for us it is!

While I'm doing my back-to-school shopping I'm keeping my eyes open for Heshey's Nuggets. 

I want to make little mini mailboxes like THESE as Christmas treats and I haven't been able to find the nuggets at my usual shops (I'm in Canada).

The stock guy at the local London Drugs (where I've bought them before) told me he thought that Hersey's had discontinued them - GASP! - and that they were being repackaged differently - YIKES!

ETA 08.30.10: I emailed Hershey and they wrote me back that they still make them and that some stores may only stock them at the holidays.  WHEW!

I hope he is wrong but have you seen the newYork Peppermint patties? What's that about?  How am I going to use them for my papercrafts punch projects now?

Anyway I'll keep looking for them and if you're in Canada and have a "current" source for the nuggets please leave a comment on this post!  Thanks!

In the meantime I've made a couple of the mailboxes using Dove chocolate treats as a substitute.

Check it out!





ETA 08.30.10: Today I checked Shoppers Drug Mart, Walmart, Great Canadian Superstore and Zellers - but no one has nuggets!  The Nugget Hunt continues...

4 comments:

  1. What a fun project... good luck on your Nugget hunt. The last time I looked they were still around, but that doesn't do you any good (not to mention I haven't looked for a while, so they may not be here anymore).

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous!! TFS :)

    (ps. did you try Bulk Barn?)

    Caroline in Toronto
    www.craftincaro.ca

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to say...bulk barn has them closer to X-Mas time..so does Walmart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Marie,
    I pick mine up at Target in Bellingham. I saw them there this summer.

    ReplyDelete