Monday, September 6, 2010

What I'm Up to Monday

This week is going to fly by - BOTH of my kids go back to school on Tuesday and then I'm having surgery on Thursday. 

It's nothing major - really - it's actually GOOD surgery.

You see last year I was diagnosed with Breast Cancer, had a mastectomy, underwent 6 rounds of chemo treatments, 35 radiation treatments and now it's time for reconstruction.

This Thursday will be the start of the reconstruction phase for me - which can take up to 9 months - and then I'll have a final surgery (sometime in the Spring) to finish "things" off.

So I'll be busy until Thursday doing stuff around the house while I can still lift things - laundry, groceries, Costco, more garage cleaning, laundry and taxi-ing the kids around.

So that's what I'm up to today and until Wednesday.

Wish me luck!


9 comments:

  1. You're so right -- this is the good stuff and feeling positive about it always makes it go better :) Take it easy and recover quickly. Karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marie,

    I had no idea what you went through last year!!!
    My positive vibes go out to you.

    Indeed it IS a good surgery and I'll be thinking of you.

    Love your attitude and keep us posted.

    Hugs,
    CeeCee

    ReplyDelete
  3. You definitely will be busy this week! I will be thinking of you Thursday and wishing you all the best for a good recovery. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your positive attitude certainly is an inspiration to me. Wishing you a speedy recovery, Marie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Best of everything to you Marie!

    I hope that since you can't do any heavy lifting, you will have plenty of time to enjoy some stamping and crafting and blurfing for more ideas to share with us.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. God bless you and please know that prayers will be sent up for a speedy recovery. I am so glad the cancer thing is behind you. I am 33 years cancer free! YEAH!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hang in there and our thoughts are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Best wishes Marie, I will be thinking of you all the way from Australia.
    Rene from OZ xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. God Bless you Marie. You are indeed an inspiration to us all. All the best for your surgery. XX

    ReplyDelete