Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Whatever Wednesday - Glimmer Brads Challenge with Liz

For today's Whatever Wednesday I am joining fellow Stampin' Up! Demonstrator, Liz Goldhawk,  in a friendly and fun challenge.

We've challenged each other to make something using the new Glimmer Brads (available in the Holiday Mini out today!)

Click HERE to go to Liz's blog and see what she's come up with.

For my project I decided to make a card and was inspired by this ruffled blouse.

I thought the black and white would look cool with Baja Breeze and a bit of glimmer.


But I couldn't decide how I was going to use the Glimmer Brads so I ended up making 2 cards!

I hope you like them and leave comments for both Liz and I. 
Afterall comments are a great motivator for MORE blog posts!

My first card uses the Glimmer Brad as an accent in the stamped image.

When I added the white 5/8 " Organza ribbon it made the stripe Elegant Soiree paper look like plaid!
Check out these ruffles!

The second one uses the Glimmer Brad to cinch the 5/8" Black Satin ribbon.

Rather than cut the Elizabeth stamp image out I just cut it along the bottom edge with my craft blade and slipped the striped paper and ribbon under it.

Stamps: Stampin' Up! Elizabeth, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink: Black, Baja Breeze
Paper: White, Baja Breeze card stock, Elegant Soiree Designer paper* and Presto Patterns Overlay*
Extras: Glimmer Brads Brights (#121006), White Organza and Black Satin ribbon

*Both of these cards are Hybrids.  I used digital patterned paper from Stampin' Up! My Digital Studio.


2 comments:

  1. I thought that was plaid paper until you pointed out that it was the ribbon making it look like that! I love what you did with the overlays you printed out, and I like both ways you used the Glimmer Brads... it looks great around the black ribbon, and I love your colour combination on both cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how very very pretty. I love the romantic feel of this card. Awesome use of the circle punch with the typography. Love it!

    ReplyDelete