Saturday, October 2, 2010

Saturday & Sunday Shop: New Tim Holtz Strip Die

I just got the coolest die designed by Tim Holtz for Sizzix.

It's the Paper Rosette Flower strip!


*Tim Holtz Sizzix Die PAPER ROSETTE Flower Strip Alterations IN STOCK NOW!
This is a decorative strip die that cuts one long accordian perforated strip piece and a centre circle piece (you actually need 2 of these so fold your circle paper for 2 when you feed it through your die cutting machine).

Here's a quick one I made up:


I did this in one pass through my Big Shot.  I used a long strip of yellow cardstock and a piece of black that I folded over for the centre.  I positioned both pieces over the cutting blades and then fed it through my Big Shot.

After I assembled it I sponged the folded parts and edges of the flower with black ink.

Isn't this the coolest thing!

Click HERE to see Tim himself in a video showing off this fairly new die!

Now Tim doesn't mention cutting 2 pieces - he actually punches out a circle base separately - but it is on the instructions for the die and I find that cutting 2 circle seal pieces is really easy (one for the front and one for the back) and gives the flower more versatility for 3D projects!

I first saw this die on someone else's blog (can't remember who now) and asked Shelley over at ScrapArts to order it in for me.

She did and she even ordered a few extra for the store. 

So if you're in North Vancouver and you want one of these you better hurry in to ScrapArts because they won't last long!

Better yet call them at 604-980-8811


No comments:

Post a Comment