Friday, December 31, 2010

Outside the Box with Nestabilities

Have you ever looked at cards and wondered how they cut out the image with a die but had parts sticking out?

This is not a new idea - it's been around for a while with manual cutting/trimming around an image. 

Here's an example of an old one I did using my trimmer and scissors. Notice how the chef's hat, tray and feet are all outside of square white background.

This technique is called "outside of the box" but how do they do this with the nice scalloped and oval dies?

Recently I saw a video tutorial from Margaret on how to do this with Nestability dies.

Click HERE to check it out.

I wonder if there is some easy way to do this with other dies - like Sizzix?  I have done it before but it's not a 1 step cut process like Margaret's above.

If you want to see how I did "outside the box" with a Sizzix die - click HERE.


No comments:

Post a Comment