Thursday, January 20, 2011

Cleaning up my craft room....

Sorry I haven't been on much lately - lots of running around with the kids!

I've got a boy playing/participating in 4 sports right now and a daughter who is learning to drive on her own (she got her N license in Sept).  We just picked up the cutest MINI COOPER!!! and we are all having fun driving it around (well at least 3 of us are).



Today I've been getting ready for my Heat Embossing class on Saturday AND a Scrap/Craft Garage Sale next weekend.  If you're in the North Vancouver area you should check it out - it's Sunday January 30th at ScrapArts.

So I've been moving stuff around and PURGING - seriously if I didn't even know I had it how come I'm hanging on to it?  YES I'm cleaning up my craft room AGAIN!

TIP: Did you know that you can use your Sizzix Silicone Mat (SU! #114615) to pick up excess glitter off your work surface, your floor, your chairs, your body!?



It works great for paper dust and regular dust too - I tell you some of this stuff has been sitting on my desk for a while!
Maybe you already knew that but I just discovered this and I think it's the greatest thing!!! 
Once you're done cleaning up just rinse off the mat with warm soapy water and let it dry.

TIP: I've reorganized my ribbon "collection" too.  I saw this idea on Sharon Harnist's blog and I thought to myself "I've got some of those and I'm going to do the same thing!".

So I did....

I even went a step further and took the dowels out of my Making Memories Embellishment Centres and put these Store In Style Ribbon Spool Stackers in instead.  Doesn't it look better?


 I went through all my ribbon and tried to "group" the ribbon by colours and theme. 
The ribbon stackers looked kind of plain (white on white) so I attached an embellishment to it -
this is a "faux" metal tag with a small green flower on the green ribbon stacker.
 You might notice that I've turned my embellishment jars on their sides too. 
I don't know why but the "newer" ones I bought at Michaels are just a bit too tall for my shelves.
I don't mind them this way - I can still see what's inside.
 I moved a bunch of things around and I'm very happy with how it turned out. 
Here I used one of my Stampin' Up! punches to make labels for some of my jars
Until Next Time...
Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment