Friday, April 15, 2011

Happy Easter to YOU!

Do you make cards for Easter?  If so, you better get going on them because Easter is next weekend!

Here are some of my favourite Easter cards that I've made in the past.  I really like these cards because they are so easy to recreate.

This first one is too easy - just punch out coordinating patterned paper using a jumbo oval punch for the eggs, stamp a greeting and tie on some ribbon!


I printed these pages up from Digital paper.

 Here's a close up of the "eggs".  I like to use pop dots on some for added interest and dimension.


These next two cards both use Bunny Friends by Penny Black. This is a big stamp - 5 1/4 by 2 1/2 - so these cards are 8 1/2 x 5 1/2.
This background paper is from BoBunny (how fitting) and it's called U BUG ME! DOT (this is the back side pattern). I used Kraft for the card base and Kraft and Certainly Celery for the mats.



 Here is a close up of one of the bunnies! I coloured this image in with COPIC markers.





 I just love this pinked felt ribbon!  I bought this at a local home decor shop but I've since picked up some Paper Trey Ink felt and scalloped dies to make my own felt ribbon.



For the next version of this stamp I coloured in the pots with Old Olive, Dusty Durango, Crushed Curry, Ruby Red and Brocade Blue markers and then used a watercolour brush on them.




 The paper is a retired DSP package from Stampin' Up! called Summer Picnic and the ribbon is a favourite of mine from Stampin' Up! as well (I think there may be some of this ribbon in Chocolate Chip and Riding Hood Red in the Stampin' Up! Clearance Rack for cheap!).





 Here's a close up of one of the bunnies!



 
Thanks for stopping by and I hope seeing these cards gives you some inspiration to make your own Easter cards!


No comments:

Post a Comment