Monday, October 24, 2011

Certifiably Certified!

On Saturday I had the pleasure of taking the Copic Intermediate Certification course with Sherrie Siemens.

I learned a lot in this class!

One of the things I learned was to be more consistent with colouring my images.

This is what I mean.....


image by Marianne Walker

 I was trying to colour consistently both the clothing and skin tones in these images.

image by Marianne Walker

This first one is very flat and I only used 1 colour for his shirt, shorts and hair. 
His skin was done with 1 colour and then BV00 was used to add some shadows.
The final image is flat but consistent.

image by Marianne Walker


In this second image I used 3 colour blending and went as dark as YG67 in his shirt.  So to be consistent I had to go darker in his skin tone as well.  I used E15 to give him darker skin shadows and balance the intensity between his skin and clothes.

Stay tuned I've got more to share from this class!

Until Next Time!
Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment