Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Witch's Boot!

It's been a while since I last posted - I know!

I haven't really done much crafting lately but I have been busy doing other stuff for my husband and kids as well as around the house.  I just replaced my smoke detectors all by myself (2 of them hard wired), primed and painted my daughter's room (from school bus yellow to "sanctuary" blue), and some other stuff around the house!

I even reorganized my craft room a bit and found a great temporary storage solution for my embossing folders.  Now I can keep these on the shelf next to my Big Shot!

Check it out!


 I put the folders in alphabetical order so I can find it when I need it - I just have to remember the name!

This one is almost full so I'm on the lookout for another one - it's a stationary box with a hinged lid.  I don't remember where I got it from originally (probably Home Sense, Winners or maybe Superstore) but I used to keep my Copic Ink Refills in it until I outgrew it!

While I was reorganizing I found all kinds of things I'd forgotten I had.  Do you do that?

Anyway while I had my Big Shot, folders and dies out I decided to make this cute Witch's Boot project.



Here are some close ups for you:





And I loaded it up with some Hershey Nuggets that have wrappers on them!


I made these with Stampin' Up!s My Digital Studio It's a Wrap - Holidays brush set and Avery 8160 address labels.  But they are pretty easy to make with just stamping or digital paper!

Now I won't re-invent the wheel and repeat the instructions for this project here. 

I got this idea from other demonstrators' blogs that got the idea from someone who was at or attended Stampin' Up!s recent Founders' Circle get together.

Anyway here's some links:

The only things I did differently was I made myself a boot template (which I hand cut) rather than die cut a stocking and circle each time and I used the Box#2 die but adhered it top up (without the top).


 I made my template of white cardstock and just traced onto the black cardstock.

Isn't this a fun project?

Until Next Time!
Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment