Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Ornament Wreath

How do you like this ornament wreath that I made?


 You just feed ornaments on to a wire coat hanger.  Then you use the hook in the hanger to hang it up.
I don't really like that the hanger hook is showing....

 And it kind of sticks out quite a bit on the door. 
This wouldn't work if you had a screen door on top of your front door!

I got my ornaments from Bed Bath and Beyond - a package of 41 for $13.99. 

I bought 2 packages to make this wreath (yep 82 balls!). 

You can find unbreakable ornaments everywhere for different price points - I saw some great ones by Martha Stewart at Home Depot - but the reason I choose these ornaments was because of the colour combo (red, green and gold) and there were both shiny and glittery balls in 2 different sizes.

I made this ornament wreath using THIS TUTORIAL.

If you are a visual learner click HERE and HERE for videos.

There are lots of different versions of this oline and I might take mine apart and do it on a wreath form.

I found THIS ONE - without using the hanger on a foam core wreath.

THIS ONE using a green wreath base.

Until Next Time!
Marie

1 comment:

  1. I really like it...you are so talented! The hook barely shows, so its all good. Thanks for always sharing such great ideas! Happy Holidays!!!

    ReplyDelete