Friday, August 31, 2012

Designer Night Full Photos

August 31, 2012

Here are the photos of the 2 tags I showed at the Scrap Arts Designer Night.

This first one is the tag I did for the Make and Take - we used re-inker in shaving cream and dropped embossed images into it for this swirling effect.  It's the same technique are the old shaving cream background but instead of making pieces of background paper we used it to colour in embossed images.

The flower tag was accented with black twine and the new Tim Holtz Vintage Lace strip die.


This second tag I demo'ed using an embossed image again but this time "smooching" it directly on an ink pad to colour it.  It gives it kind of a "velvety" look doesn't it?

I used plain old office supply shipping tags as my base for both tags and coloured in the hole reinforcement with marker on the first tag to give it a more coordinated look.

Both tags use stamp images and greetings from Paper Trey Ink.

No comments:

Post a Comment