Wednesday, March 7, 2007

New Cards!

I actually did some more stamping and cardmaking today!

BUT it wasn't the relaxing, creative, free flowing kind of stamping. It was the "got to get it done" kind of stamping.

You see, I have to get my samples together for my APRIL classes at the scrapbooking store.

I'm not doing any classes this month - I'm going to relax and I'm going away to Arizona for 10 days of fun in the sun. I can hardly wait!



In the meantime though I'm in a bit of a mad rush to get my April samples done so that my classes are properly advertised.

It's not too bad. I'm repeating a couple of classes and so I just need to track down my original samples and add a few more new ones.

Today I made 3 cards. 2 for a Simply Stamping Beginner class and 1 is an add on to my Dry Embossing class. The class was cancelled before I could finish the last of the samples.

For the beginner class I kept it really simple. It's just a 1 hour class and I like to cover topics like inspiration, choosing paper, colour combinations, tools, card sizes and then I have them make 2 simple cards. I have to warn you that these two cards are very SIMPLE!

The first one is just black and white using Lovely as a Tree. I've done this card many times and it is a favourite amongst my customers. It's an easy card to show beginners because it's just one colour of ink and it teaches them how to make a background "paper" using one stamp and stamping off the piece of paper. We also cover "tearing" and matting here.






The second card is meant to show beginners how to get different coloured images on one stamp using markers. I used patterned paper and the Alphabet Soup stamp set (retired SAB set from last year). I inked the Thank You stamp using the markers - Ruby Red, Bashful Blue, Always Artichoke and Close to Cocoa. I took my colour inspiration from the colours in the patterned paper. The ribbon is just some olive grosgrain I had in my stash - probably from Walmart.



The Dry Embossed card is an example of free hand embossing - ok it's not really free hand - I used a ruler for the diamond pattern on the paper. The golf ball and tee were traced with a stylus on the front and then flipped over and traced again to make it "pop out" rather than "pop in". Do you know what I mean? I did the same for the diamond patterned paper - using a ruler I traced the lines of the diamonds with my stylus and then flipped it over and did the back. This gives the card a subtle embossed look and added texture.

To finish it off I sponged on some chocolate chip ink to make it look a little ruffed up and more masculine.






Now I just have to make 2 more cards - one more for my Heat Embossing Class (the other card samples for this class were posted last month) and another for the Dry Embossing class (again the other card samples were posted last month).

I'll try and post the new ones tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. Marie, love you blog and what an inspiration to start my own..Beautiful work on your cards.

    ReplyDelete