Wednesday, April 18, 2007

My Favourite Tip

Since so many of you have shared with me your awesome stamping tips - I thought I'd share with you one of mine.

Prestamp your greetings.

One of my favourite greeting sets is Sincere Salutations from Stampin' Up! I love this set because in one little box there are 8 greetings that pretty much cover all occasions - Birthday Wishes, Thinking of You, Thanks So Much, Holiday Greetings, You're Invited, Good Luck, Get Well Soon and Best Wishes.


The thing I like best about this set is that the greetings are all the same size.
So what I like to do is cut up my vanilla and white scraps (also any other neutral light coloured scraps) into 1 1/2 x 2 1/4 inch pieces and stamp some of the greetings in black ink & brown ink. I keep them in little ziplocs sorted by cardstock colour and when I put together a quick card I just mat the greeting piece with a coordinated colour and attach it to my card.
I keep a couple of the pre-stamped pieces matted in black right in the stamp case too!
This is just a quick timesaver for me! So when my hubby asks me at the last minute
"Do you have sympathy card for me?" Or
"It's so and so's birthday at work and I need a card. What have you got?"
I can put together a nice card using patterned paper (maybe a blank OSW card) a piece of ribbon or some other handy embellishment (love the clipiollas with ribbon) and glue on one of these greetings and I'm done.
Now it's not a personalized, creative masterpiece but it's a handmade card and I didn't waste $5 on a store bought card.
It works for me!

7 comments:

  1. What a great tip. Thank you so much! I need to go through and read all your comments so I can get some more great tips!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous tip! TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that is smart...another DUH moment for me though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! That is a wonderful tip! I am definately going to have to try that one. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tip! I will definitely try this... always on the lookout for something that will make putting cards together quicker & easier!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Tip!

    I always say to "work smarter, not harder", KWIM?

    ReplyDelete