Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Another Tip - Double Punching

Sometimes you just need a doughnut!

I mean a paper doughnut shape or a frame - I like to make wedding rings out of silver cardstock and then tie then on wedding cards!

Have you tried to do this and been unsuccessful? Your punch makes a mess and wrecks your paper.

Well, there is a trick to this and it is - punch your smaller circle first then align the larger punch over it and then punch it out.

Here's how I do it:

1. Punch the smaller circle (yes I like to write the size in inches on my punches - another great tip!)



2. Align the larger punch over the smaller one and punch (yes I like to mark the bottom of my larger punches in quarters - can't remember why now!).


3. Now you have a nice doughnut ring or a perfect scalloped frame. For a punched out card frame just punch the same sized smaller punch on your card base and then add your frame in a coordinated colour of cardstock to the front of the card.


It's that easy you just need to remember to punch the smaller one first!

1 comment:

  1. This is a great tip. Can't wait to try it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete