Saturday, June 23, 2007

Colour Me Inspired!

Right now I'm in the midst of hosting a "Colouring Contest" swap for Stampin' Up! Demonstrators.

I have to say that it is really inspiring to see all of the swaps that are coming in.



When I thought of "colouring" I assumed that I'd get a lot of larger images as focal pieces with various methods of colouring.



I didn't expect to see wheeled images coloured in so beautifully, coloured pieces cut out and used as borders, coloured images on vellum and other various colouring techniques used in so many different ways.

I wanted to host this swap to get inspired and gather ideas for my fall Colouring Techniques classes. I was getting into a bit of a rut with my colouring and all my coloured cards were looking the same.

Here's a card I did a little while ago using the Baby Time wheel and A is for Adorable from Stampin' Up!



I always reach for my ink pads for watercolouring with my aquapainter even though I have watercolour wonder crayons, watercolour pencils, watercolour paints, prismacolour pencils and not to mention all the markers and acrylic paints that I've collected over the years.



This swap is really inspiring me to try different methods of colouring and when I do I'm going to take lots of photos for future colouring tutorials!

No comments:

Post a Comment