Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Flashback...

to some of my early stamping.




I've noticed that some bloggers are posting flashback cards. These are cards that they created when they first started out.

Tonight I was digging through some cards - I'm going to take a few out to my sister in ON - and I found these two cards from my early days of stamping (circa early 2005?).

I didn't use too many colours back then - basically one colour and a neutral.

In the early days I also used eyelets a lot more and vellum too. Now that I have my crop-a-dile there really isn't any excuse not to use eyelets - but brads are so much easier! The second card is actually vellum run through the printer.

My stamping style is pretty much the same but I tend to use more colours, more backgrounds and sponge more now.

The only BIG difference between what I do now and what I did then is that now I create ORIGINALS.

Back then I did a lot of "CASEing" - I copied cards that others designed. Oh sure I tried to change something so that it wasn't an exact copy but the point is it wasn't an ORIGINAL. It was something that I'd seen on SCS or in a crafting magazine.

A while back I was having a Creative Block and just couldn't stamp anything. Then I found SKETCH CHALLENGES and that was exactly what I needed to get out of my slump!

It was kind of neat to see some of my old cards - I've really learned a lot!

If you're in a slump I'd suggest you go back and look at some of your old cards - maybe you could recreate them with current stamps and colours OR try a Sketch Challenge.

It worked for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment