Monday, August 20, 2007

Making Clouds

I've had some inquiries on making clouds and so I thought I would share this info with all of you.

It's really very easy and all you need is some soft blue ink or chalk, a sponge or sponge dauber and a template.
As I mentioned in my post below, I have a Stampin' Up! Cloud template but unfortunately it's no longer available.

However, you can easily make your own using card stock or for more durability - plastic.
I recommend recylcing an empty milk jug!


That's what I did in this example. I used my stylus and drew a cloud pattern on the plastic and then cut it out with my kitchen shears (not my paper trimming scissors!). It was at times hard to see the clouds and I would recommend using a sharpie in the future!


You'll see that I cut my smaller cloud outline at the top of my plastic piece and I had enough space to add larger cloud outlines at the bottom. My final piece ends up looking like a cloud and I have a custom made template!

To make the actual clouds I could write up a complete tutorial with photos but rather than reinvent the wheel I'm going to direct you to Kelly Sampson who's already done an excellent cloud tutorial.
Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE that. I didn't even know SU had such a thing as a cloud template!

    ReplyDelete