Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Card Re-Do!

When my daughter came home from school today, I showed her all the cards I made today. She's very creative and often gives me good advice and ideas for projects. I trust her opinion and today she didn't fail me.

She told me that she loved them all except for the brown & cream sympathy pine cone card.

She wrinkled her nose and said it was too plain.

I like plain, I can do plain but you know she was right. It was "too" plain.

It needed something more than the hemp and brads - but I wasn't sure that I wanted to stamp anything more on it.

What to do?

I decided to pump up the pine cone and make it 3D. I think it looks better now but I'm not sure still.
What do you think?
Am I done or does it still need more - maybe some canvas in the upper right and bottom left corners?


Here's a close up of the pine cone part. PS - I didn't know my camera could do this until my daughter told me to use "macro" for sharper up-close images.
I know there's a name for this kind of thing but I don't remember what it's called. When I was a little girl my aunt had a Holly Hobby plaque in her kitchen that was multi-layered and shellacked. I think that's what I was trying to do with this - except for the shellack part.
If you think of the name for that please let me know. It's little things like this that drive me crazy!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Marie
    It's paper tole. Very exact & time consuming (which is why I DON'T do it! LOL).
    Love all the cards.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the pine cone! We had the same Holly Hobby plaque! LOL!

    ReplyDelete